1st timer doing 16 autos at same time. 100% organic grow

Hey i just am off work and got to re-read all of this post, and i want to just point out,and agree with what alot of the others said. Toppin an auto is risky, if it is done to late, it will not work in your favor. And a few of the people who chimmed in have alot more experience with autos then i do. The suggestions i gave are based in my own personal reseach and what i learned from trying differnt things with them, but they are relatively new to me, im still trying to figure out autos my self. A few years bk they had a bad rap and with most growers i knew they had a general train of thought that they were junk so when i got back into growing cannabis again i wanted to give them a try and form my own opinion. Maybe since you have so many plants you should just try to Top and FIM one or two, that way not all of your plants are effected if it doesnt go as planned. Good luck.

1 Like

Normally I would agree with you on giving one or two a try. But it looks like theyā€™re in flower right now. Topping is just going to be removing main cola, and will almost certainly shut the rest of the plant down.

watchn your humidity 24% is kinda low @dowencarson I would try to maintain min of 40%

1 Like

Yes i agree with @dbrn32 if in flower DEF. DONT STRESS EM OUT ,no topping now. I guess i didnt understand or missed that it was on plants in flower. I think after my second set of leaves i toppped n Fimā€™d. And did lst up till they startes to show preflowers on every plant. If your plants are past 2-3 sets of leaves id personally grow these out till harvest and see what i could learn about light feeding ,water ext. Get that all fine tuned then try just a few to chop up some see how each strain re-acts to what u choose to try. @dowencarson

2 Likes

Thanks guys for all the great advice i figured it has to be done the 3rd week giv or take. How about defoliating these to much stress there you think wait im starting week 8 on sunday

[Uploadingā€¦]

2 Likes

Outstanding! Iā€™m trying using 3-600 watt HPS and 2-330 Virgin V3 LESsā€¦
Iā€™ve been playing with light placementā€¦I like the way you spaced your lightsā€¦very nice
:sunglasses::sunglasses::dash:

Question: Iā€™m showing my ignoranceā€¦lol
I thought more red spectrum would cause girls to be shorter and bushier, and the blue spectrum causes stretch?
Please correct me if I have incorrect informationā€¦
Still learning every Day
:sunglasses::sunglasses::dash:

1 Like

Iā€™m trying 5 WW Autosā€¦1st time using Autosā€¦Can autos be topped? I also heard that no clones eitherā€¦

Negative, itā€™s the other way around. Not hard to mix them up though when youā€™re learning. Thereā€™s a lot of info to take into account. The light spectrum isnā€™t the only thing to cause stretch either though, red just promotes reaching.

If you want some examples, do some google searching for plants grown with incandescent or halogen bulbs. Almost all of the light they produce is outside of par spectrum. Another good example, hid users vegging with mh (mostly blue) and flowering with hps (mostly red).

Thereā€™s a bit more to it, but my understanding is that it has to do with different hormones the plants produce from the different wavelengths. I havenā€™t done extensive research in that department though. Some will say a pk boost will counter react stretching at transition. Others will say a declining light cycle will reduce stretch. And then there are always people with somewhat viable information saying that both of those methods are bs lol.

1 Like

Dragonā€¦:dash:

Ok now I think about it that makes senseā€¦more red in late season than in spring or summerā€¦
Thanks for clarifying that for meā€¦
:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Guess it would help if I just looked up at my lightsā€¦duh
Lmao

1 Like

Yep im going to mix them hps is proven yielding lights LEDā€™s are said to give thicker more dank bud so mixing should work nice once i figure out the right amounts to mix doing 2-1 right now 2700 watts of LED SUPPOSEDLY WE KNOW ITS NOT TRUE 2700 but 1000 watts hps split 600/450

2 Likes

@bob31 @VelcroThumb @Familyman420 @Dragon269 @dbrn32 what about defoliation maybe get rid of some of these fan leaves ive been tucking most of them anyways

2 Likes

@dowencarson I typically just tuck, unless the fan leaves are brown and dead/dying. If you remove them, youā€™re removing an energy producer. Think of it like a solar panel.

2 Likes

I agree with @Covertgrower 100% I know there are other schools of thought but those are advanced growing decisions. I donā€™t feel like there is enough information to convince me that it is a good idea. @dowencarson

3 Likes

Iā€™m with @Covertgrower and @bob31. I donā€™t see anything happening there that would move me to defoliate.

1 Like

Man u guys are life savers this is stuff that shouldnt be left up to noobs google will tell you anything it may be a video about it but dont mean the guy doing it isnt a idoit. Thanks a million @Dragon269 @VelcroThumb @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 ill keep a bind on her see how they behave for a few days will be in touch

3 Likes

@bob31 @Covertgrower @Dragon269 @Familyman420 @dbrn32 @VelcroThumb @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 if i missed anyone im sorry please add tag whoever you think would be interested or intrested in the make up

1 Like

I layered 3.5 lbs of this with COCO LOCO AND OZARKA SPRING WATER THATS ALL THEY HAVE HAD FOR 8 weeks

4 Likes