1st serious grow - blueberry auto

Sweet that’s a nice tent @muffybunny

1 Like

Prettier than pearls! :green_heart:

4 Likes

@muffybunny you can remove two of the wire hangers and use the remaining two to hang light that will gain you around 6 inches
Also you’ll probably want to flip to flower earlier next grow to keep height down
Super cropping and LST training will also help keep plants from getting so tall
Scrog screen are best used with one plant at a time to get max benefit from the technique

1 Like

I made a couple major changes with the tent. I did have some spare yo-yos, so the light is about 6 inches higher. I also swapped the spots on the back 2 so the shorter one would be under the fan. It’s short enough to still get plenty of light angling down between itself and the fan.

This should get me through the 2-3 weeks left. Next grow, my flowering tent will be 5x5x84”. With that much space, I’m feeling better about trying scrog and going with 4 plants.

6 Likes

4 plants should be comfy in a 5x5. Mine is a bit short of that - I can’t figure out why a tent that’s advertised/ labeled 4x4 is actually 4.75x4.75 but I like it :wink: I found a drip tray that’s 4x4x3 and it’s working out splendidly :sunglasses:
It’s not too tight with 3 and could still accommodate a 4th if she was slender (actually going to check out one a friend wants to get rid of, ready to flower)

2 Likes

@GreenThunder where? I’m looking for exactly that right now

2 Likes

I got it at the same place I got my tent, a local grow supply shop. A kiddie pool may be good substitute if you can’t find a tray (or until you find one)
I googled ‘grow tent drip tray’ and found the same one I bought for $20 less (but shipping would have been restrictive for me)
4 fit in it pretty good tho one is almost crowding the others :wink: I want to try just 2 with a scrog next

2 Likes

Thanks for the like and i was admiring your grow. Am on the edge of getting a divorce if i spend anymore on my set up lmao i have to prove myself first she says. Am and never had green fingers infact the oppsit everything i touch seemed to have a very short lifespan. So i decided to reserch and made the decision to grow my meds so here i am and i have never enjoyed myself as much apart from the birth of my kids this is one of my greatest accomplishment at new life that is both beautiful and useful at the same time. Sorry i rattled on a bit there.

3 Likes

I’ll be starting a new journal for my next grow today. I’m going to drop 4 new seeds today as soon as my wife wakes up and tells me where the seeds are. Lol. I’m so stoked to start a new grow now that I know what I’m doing-ish.

4 Likes

2 weeks left. The buds seem small, but I’ve accepted that I screwed several things up along the way and won’t get an optimal yield. What’s there at least looks yummy.

4 Likes

Looks like more than 2 weeks left to me? what are you judging by weeks on a schedule or trichromes?

2 Likes

Schedule. If the trichs aren’t right, I won’t take them down

1 Like

@muffybunny I would have to agree w/ what @Donaldj is questioning. The cycles of the autos are really per plant according to their genetics. It looks like there’s still quite a few white pistols and the buds will swell significantly the last 7-10 days so no worries there.

I’ve got on Amnesia Haze auto and one Blueberry auto at 89 days today… and they’ll probably go another week.

Don’t go strictly by days.

Watch the percentage of pistols turning color and use a magnifying glass to look at the trichomes. You will see them go from crystal clear to cloudy.

Good luck with your grow! I’ll follow along.

Enjoy!

1 Like

@Donaldj and @RookieReefer - thanks guys. I do have a magnifying glass but it’s old school and I haven’t had much success trying to get a pic that equals what I see when I just look through it. The trichomes are a-plenty, but not cloudy yet at all. So the white things turn orange-ish right? I’m gonna get my other tent set up so I won’t run into a roadblock with the seeds I just started.

1 Like

The little hairies are going orange :grin:

6 Likes

Looking super yummy @muffybunny!

BTW, Happy Birthday! :smiley:

Hey thanks man. When I was 23 and my mom was 48, I remember thinking “wow, she’s an old woman”. Now, I’m that 48 yr old woman. I don’t feel as old as I thought she was.

6 Likes

I remember when my dad turned 40 we laughed and called him over the hill. In a little over a year I’ll be 40 so I totally get what your saying. It’s a weird feeling!

1 Like

Happy Birthday MB @muffybunny

1 Like

Happy Birthday @muffybunny

Also what date did you get the first pistils? I looked back through your grow journal, but I couldn’t find it.