1st Legal Grow šŸ˜“šŸ’¤

very true paranorman. usually the best thing to do when you dont know what to do, is nothing at all! From my experience growing though, leaves standing up/waving or whatever you call it has always been good in my grows. Its always been explosive growth!

1 Like

Its always been explosive growth

Thatā€™s an interesting expression! LOL

ā€¦no, they stood up within an hour after I watered them so something was affecting them

I believe I recalled something about Cold water having an effect like that, but something definitely affected them and it doesnā€™t appear to have been the newts so I believe it is the cold water (it wasnā€™t extremely cold, it had been sitting on the tent floor for a day but still I usually warm it on a propagation mat for a few hours before I use it, I guess the girls like it warmer)

Make no mistake: cold water leads to root shock ā€¦and thereā€™s all levels of root shock

I suspect the waving (not sure what else to call it) was a minor manifestation of cold water root shock, and if itā€™s too cold it will negatively affect plants as Iā€™ve described above plants

lol they look great though man. The four i have going right now are going into their 3rd week of flower and are starting to put on their sugary frost. i am so excited! Cant wait to have grown my own weed and show it off!

1 Like

Hey man make a journal put up some pictures weā€™d like to see it and donā€™t forget to tag me in if you do, I want to see it tooā€¦!

2 Likes

really!!! itā€™s hard not to be envious!!

1 Like

Cult of the waving girls (mystery solved?)

It was pretty much what PBS said (although Iā€™ve never seen an example as extreme as this) the link has some more info about this but Iā€™m going to take it as all positive !

honestly, nothings changed (for once everythingā€™s dead on) I knew the newts werenā€™t excessively strong and the water wasnā€™t excessively cold but they hadnā€™t started doing this until 24 hours ago right after I watered so that was my first suspect, anyway this is unique, in my book at least (these plants are reaching for the sky!)

Thanks again to The Grow Mentor for their speedy reply, much appreciated!

1 Like

I looked at thread and typically in my experience the wave taco shell is heat stress/light stress related leaves move to reduce direct surface area exposed. The fact it comes on right before lights out means youā€™re right on the border of stress :wink:

1 Like

Hey Donald thanks for the reply Iā€™ll keep that in mind and check it tonight, Iā€™ve burnt them before lol this time there is no taco shell, itā€™s more like a clam shell closing up on itself

Iā€™ve never seen anything like it and they are not necessarily the ones under the light, at 64 degrees and thereā€™s really no heat to speak of from the light plus Iā€™ve gotten up maybe eight inches above them and only on 600 watts

Iā€™ll double-check it again but is all I can do to keep heat in there LOL! Thanks again! :v:

#8-Ball Kush Clones
Rooted & Transplanted

I put them in 6-inch squares to slow them down and to save room until Iā€™m ready for them to suffer explosive growth, this will give me a couple more weeks leeway

8 Likes

Slow and steady still finishesā€¦

I wish I still had likes for the clone!

1 Like

ā€¦cloneS!

(ā€¦got emā€™ all)

1 Like

is that top pic a clone? did you use starter plugs? those are some heavy duty roots there @Paranorman! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks buddy Iā€™m fond of them myself LOL I have a link called 5-day clones that will walk step by step through the process
(ā€¦itā€™s super easy!)

Those are rapid rooters the whole process is at the link if you have any questions just ask

• good luck
2 Likes

thanks @Paranorman for putting that out there! man,you have the grow bug bad! glad you are here amungst us brother!!

2 Likes

Happy for ya bro on the 8 ball clones :+1:

1 Like

@BIGE @tee3737 Thanksā€¦! Itā€™s kind smoke, canā€™t waitšŸ‘

Leds are very cool and I want to use them this Summer in my veg tent to help with heat but thereā€™s nothing like a thousand watts of high pressure sodium!

I turned it up to see what effect itā€™s going to have on the Cult of the Waving Girls guess Iā€™ll know in about nine and a half hours?

I use the heat from the grow room to heat my bedroom on the other side of the wall and I gotta say Iā€™m about to take a shirt off now that Iā€™ve turned it to 1000, 1400 total currently (ā€¦itā€™s a lot of heat!)

ā€¦ tomorrow taking clones (third generation) from the incredible bulk second generation clones

Iā€™ve identified the strongest plants only cuttings from that one or two (2 weeks into flower)

The other change Iā€™ve made is that everyone gets cal-mag all the time, regardless if itā€™s a newt or a water feeding (ā€¦all Cal Mag all the time)

3 Likes

Thatā€™s one reason I have to use LEDā€™s I have a hard anof time keeping my heat down even in the winter time. Ahh the joy of living in the desert. :cactus:

1 Like

Well I figure the heat I recycle half a year I pay for with a/c in the summer LOL I guess it all works outā€¦?

1 Like

third generation cuttings

1/26

All came from one incredible bulk plant (most desirable genetics)

Two were small, one was real small but I took it anyway, this plant was much more desirable than the rest and from the best mother, 6 weeks from being a cutting itselfā€¦!

This plant had the least stretching, was bushiest and had no signs of any deficiencies

Edit: clones are already standing up straight

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t realized how much the hps light helped warm the plants cellar grow area until I got an led light and saw the temps stay in the 60ā€™s and dip into the high 50ā€™s a few times at night in a separate grow tent.

I didnā€™t grow anything last summer because I was afraid of too high temps (along with bugs and high humidity), but for me, the led light does give me more options. And more led lights in the future, store bought or home made! :sunglasses:

4 Likes