1st Legal Grow šŸ˜“šŸ’¤

@Niala please understand I wasnā€™t being short with you yesterday, and your information was greatly appreciated

I had planned on starting the burn as soon as I noticed any trace on a leaf. I also knew that there would be another issue with leaf spot fungus, so I pretty much timed it dead-on

As @FloridaSon mentioned I had quite a bout with it over the summer but what I never mentioned was I actually pulled up carpet in two of the three rooms adjacent to the grow room to try to make a more easily sanitized area, and I went to other great and Extreme Measures to try to deal with brown leaf spot and what I found is the following:

1. Neem oil may slow it down but will ruin your bud in flowering, donā€™t use it past 1 month, so overall itā€™s pretty ineffective

2. baking soda will slow it down quickly and I noticed no ill effects using it during flowering, so somewhat effective overall, but spraying plants may cause other issues

3. increased ventilation helps everything including leaf spot fungus

4. I didnā€™t try milk because nothing else seemed to be working and I had kind of given up by that point

5. the sulfur burner stopped it instantly

ā€¦and even though I had already given up on the final crop I was gifted with my finest bud yet from it, white and bursting with crystals even better than the previous Harvest, even though I harvested only 1/3 - 1/2 the yield as the previous healthy Harvest, due to all the Leaf Drop

The reason I didnā€™t go right to the sulfur burner When @Donaldj recommended it was that I have respiratory issues and I wanted to exhaust other Avenues of control

So my conclusion, and just my opinion, nothing works except sulfur burning.

I recommend Growers save their time, money and crop, if youā€™ve got lsf, powdery mildew and probably other things as well youā€™re not going to control it successfully, just burn sulfur

3 Likes

@Paranorman @Matthew420 looks like I went to sleep about the time you posted it. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. My new as yet un-germinated seed has a name. Sheā€™s 2017-1. I just call her 1 for short. At least for now, anyway.

5 Likes

ā€¦very cool! Personally, myself I wouldnā€™t consider a number as a name, in fact the name I ascribed is more of a description but itā€™s too close to the line! (and Iā€™m not willing to step over it! :angry:)

Ɣ, no rudness taking @Paranorman :wink::innocent::v:, I was not offended in any way :grinning::innocent:ā€¦

Did you tried copper spray ? Itā€™s very effective with septoria and other fungus, taking in the early stage ! :wink:

1 Like

No more sprays, just :fire:

2 Likes

Journal 1 / 13

So glad I checked before lights-out noticed some mild heat stress on one plants top leaves basically these plants are growing quicker than I can raise the light LOL

I havenā€™t even increase the light to 600-watt yet which I will do when I put the clones into flower tent this weekend plants are doing all this growth under just 400 watts

I expect explosive growth from this new batch of clones that are already 16-17 inches tall, very bushy, there will be no slowing these down!

The Bulks have been flowering for 24 days, incredible!

This picture uploaded weird for some reason if you click on it you see the whole thing

5 Likes

KABOOM ZZZZZ Huh??? what the heck was that? Oh just @Paranorman and his plants lifting the roof off his house. Holy Crap, Batman You got enough room to keep those babies penned in?

3 Likes

I know right I canā€™t believe that I got a little bit of leaf burn from it so fast!? well not burn but the serrated edges curl up and theyā€™re going to turn brown eventually ( heat stress was the term I was searching for ā€¦most likely )

First there was no stretch at all, and now Iā€™m raising it an inch a day ! (which apparently wasnā€™t enough)

This is good though (kinda :disappointed:) because now Iā€™m deciding which plant I want to start taking my all clones from in the future, fastest growth, the way it grows and its resistance ect., so that one is already out, cuz thatā€™s the one that showed the first LSF as well

1 Like

Great choice! No sense in propegating more problems.

1 Like

I have no doubt that 8 Ball is getting cloned. Canā€™t wait to see how she flowers out. :v:

1 Like

Journal 1/14

Pics of the girls today ā€¦the Clones were cut 1 months ago today and just got first watering at 1-1-1 (full strength) & 2.5 ml cal/mag

There are 16 & 17 inches tall, topped once and going into flower tomorrow ā€¦most likely

The furthest two are Afghani Gold, the nearest two are (autos) Choco-Matic and Six-Shooter (no watering required today)

7 Likes

Looking great these ladies :+1::ok_hand: you are doing well after all :ok_hand::wink::innocent:

2 Likes

Lol thanks ā€¦I guess kinda?

The brown leaf spot wasnā€™t an issue, it was expected and itā€™s been dealt with. I canā€™t deal in the negatives ā€¦I wont !:v: :sunglasses:

Thinking about the mycelium thread you posted:

ā€¦plants need Positive Vibes my friend, livinā€™ on the positiveā€¦! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Journal 1/14

Flowering plants got big flush tonight:
(1/2gal = 25% runoff in 3gal pot)

Water in at 6.5 pH at 98 ppm / runoff = 6.3 pH at 102 ppm

In the morning big clean / sanitize

Tomorrow night move clones into flower turn light up to 600 watts, set up propagation tray for clones in veg tent, take clones from 8-Ball Kush

• Go Pats!
4 Likes

Journal 1/15

The new order (ā€¦not the band)

Incredible Bulk clones, 30 days from cut to flower tent ā€¦Incredible! ! :wink:

Lonely in Veg tentā€¦

(:heart: Margo! )

8 Likes

@Paranorman,is that the incredible bulk that went Down the same time as mine?
If so it just goes to show how mu h quicker it is growing under lightā€™s,. Although yours looks like an auto ,where mine is not ,but boy is there a dif between size of auto to reg even though mine is feminized.

Yes I remember we had them at the same time, mine are regular fem, not Auto

I havenā€™t seen yours in a while can you give me the link, Iā€™m taking some more clones in about a week so check back if you get a chance !

• best wishes! :thumbsup:

Journal 1/16

8-Ball Kush cloningā€¦

ā€¦I recall :8ball: was a little tough to root last time ? :pray:

5 Likes

coming along nicely @Paranorman iā€™ve been researching 8-ball thinking of giving it a go!

1 Like

@BIGE Good stony smokeā€¦! (a little rough of a hit though, very much a kush) Iā€™m thinking of making hashish :v::slight_smile:

1 Like