1st grow-MA-White Widow

Thanks, @TxGrowman

Unfortunately with the weather being what it is the temps I’m getting IS the lowest I can manage. I have the lights on from 4pm-4am. The tent is open plus I have a large fan about 2 feet outside the tent blowing in. When our weather gets into the 90s I run the lights on the flower switch only. I guess white widow can still do well in very hot weather.

It’s good to hear from you.

2 Likes

Week 7/day 4:
I really can’t believe how quickly these bulk up. Looks like I chose the right strain what with all the troubles I’ve had during the grow.
Overly hot soil
Serious Ph issues
Phosphorus deficiency
Calcium deficiency
Days on end of 90°-plus during flowering.

When they say white widow is a good strain for beginners they are right. I was my own worst enemy during this first grow yet they are still running this race with vigor.

Damn!! Once again the third photo won’t post in it’s correct orientation. Aggravating. Good for all of you though because you don’t have to look at yet another boring picture.

4 Likes

A few weeks into flower the plant that had all the issues during veg was outperforming the healthier plant. Now in the middle of week 7 the healthier plant is outperforming the less healthy plant. Just a seesaw of growth going on between the two plants. Going to be interesting to see which one comes out ahead at the end.

If these photos upload in the correct orientation you will see the left plant has smaller growth than the right except for two pretty big major buds in the front. The rest are an inch or two shorter than the plant on the right which has been the healthier of the two.

LEFT:

RIGHT:

6 Likes

Nice job you made a good come back

1 Like

@Majiktoker

Thanks to you, Godfather. I kneel and kiss your ring.

1 Like

I most definitely suggest White Widow from ilgm for any beginner. I put these plants through hell and back and then back again and they are still doing extremely well. So first time growers please do consider this strain from Robert.

3 Likes

Totally. So resilient.

1 Like

@Majiktoker

I’ve been looking at this God awful long Journal of mine from the beginning and again read about your electrical problems in your racer. Did you ever get that taken care of?

1 Like

@bob31
1st grow-MA-White Widow - #757 by bob31
“My work with motorcycles was mostly dirt bikes and smaller bore street bikes. I gave them up after a close call about 25 years ago. I’d love to have another off road bike but not sure my back would cooperate. Lol”

Get a cruiser. We could go out doing a little Northern Mass Country Road riding on Sundays. :hugs::motorcycle:

1 Like

Actually from Ithaca but relocated to Westchester in jr high :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve thought about it Bob. @BobWags do you have a bike right now? If so what do you have?

1 Like

@Sl1 @Countryboyjvd1971

Umm, that’s “Westchestaah”.

2 Likes

@bob31

Yeah, I do. I haven’t been able to ride it yet this year as the rear brake is frozen. At the moment to use it I need to take a wrench and kind of pry open the brake and then use the front brake only. Waiting for tax return to get a new assembly. Also my car needs brakes but it’s the opposite problem. I have to pump them to make them work. When it rains it pours.

It’s a 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800. Just a really nice bike. Even though I’m very tall it still is a good size. I will sometimes go out along the coast around Cape Ann but more often than not I go out to Concord and go up North through Groton and back around again. It’s a great Sunday ride.

Manchester by the Sea

Outside Dunkin’s just before Manchester

8 Likes

I tried taking close-up photos of the trichomes with my Nikon digital but I don’t have a macro lens. I just have some screw on close-up filters which are not very good. In any case you can kind of see the color of them. Some are just starting to turn to amber but they are far and few between. Any estimates on time to harvest? Two weeks? I know one can’t really say but of course I’m curious.

5 Likes

You are close 1-2 weeks?

@Fever

Come Wed they’ll be starting week 8.

That’s like 10-20% amber but still some clear spots too?

Close - you might want to post every day! Great teaching/learning tool :nerd_face:

Great shots, you are doing with a digital camera?

Those are both great rides! My favorite areas, actually just back from an afternoon at the Crane Estate. Hope you can get your bike up and running now that summer is finally here! (I know, summah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2 Likes

Thanks, @Sl1. I will post a pic a day since I still have no clue what I’m really doing. Yes, I have a Nikon 35mm digital. I have four lenses but none are macro. So I bought these crappy screw on close up filters from Polaroid. They don’t really focus sharply so I have to do that in editing and you can only go so far with that.

I can’t believe that for the most part I actually made it through this grow. Not huge yields but what do you expect for a first grow that had so many problems. I’m feeling good about it.

1 Like

@bobwags you should feel very proud and most importantly totally assured that you are going to be using pure weed you grew yourself. Well done, my friend!

1 Like