1st grow-MA-White Widow

Oops and enjoy!

4 Likes

Tomorrow is day one of week 7 and I think they are doing well.

11 Likes

They looks Great to me !!! Very pretty Lady’s you have @BobWags

MB

1 Like

Looking good @BobWags! Your Scrog turned out really nice!

1 Like

looking good @BobWags!

1 Like

Man @BobWags you rocking that .
She looks so great!

1 Like

@MBgrower @MattyBear @BIGE

Thanks, y’all. Not half bad for a first timer. And we all know that I would have never made it this far without the help of some very good people on this site.

5 Likes

Everyone I’ve met on here have been outstanding, always more than willing to help !!
MB :grinning:

2 Likes

@BobWags they are looking great buddy good job :thumbsup:

1 Like

The good news is you don’t need a ladder. If I recall from NECAN you’re over 6’6"
Your grow looks absolutely stunning bud.

1 Like

@Willd

I used to be 6’ 7" but lost 2 inches and 25 lbs over the past 3 yrs. I always wondered why you never saw really old super tall men walkin the streets. I always thought they died young but now I realize they shrink.

I’m surprised my plants have made it through this heat and humidity. But I’m happy with the results so far.

4 Likes

Woo hoo looking very good!!!

1 Like

I have a question for all of you experienced indoor growers.

I’m running two 450 watt (210w out of the wall) LED units in a 3x3x6 foot tent. In veg I started them out about 24 inches above the canopy and let them grow into the light. They are about 16-17 inches from the light now. As you can tell they obviously did not stretch much at all but then again I was scrogging them so…

Now I’m finding, with a couple of exceptions only, that the fatter and taller buds seem to be around the perimeter of the scrog net just outside of the direct line of the LED border.

Could this effect be because the light may be too intense for them in direct line of the lights OR (more likely) that with the training I did the tops of the branches are naturally woven through the scrog net towards the outside border and those buds that are on the inside are off-shoots of those main branches?

I would put my money on the latter of the two but what do I know? During this grow I tried growing basil and dill and I killed all of them within 3 weeks. Go figure!

1 Like

Very likely repetitive tucking would be the cause of this once the middle of the screen is filled they have nowhere else to go but to the edges

And i wouldn’t worry about light to much as leds have a huge span of light distribution

2 Likes

@Majiktoker

Thanks Toker. I’ve been curious about that for a few days and was a little worried that maybe the lights were too intense even though there’s no burning of the tops.

I bought my mason jars yesterday. 12 one-quart jars for $11 at Target. A steal. Drying and curing is a whole other ball game so be prepared for a lot of moronic questions. Wait, you are already used to that with me. Nevermind!

3 Likes

The main thing I learned from drying and curing is that you need to dry them for a long time. If not you will get in trouble down the line

1 Like

Lol none of your questions are moronic but yes im always ready to answer more questions @BobWags. That is a steal nice find bro that’s cheap

@Fever

I’m getting that impression. Just this morning I was reading up on drying and curing and there seems to be a lot of room to screw up in there. You dry them for x amount of days and x temperature with X humidity. You gently squeeze the buds to see if they feel wet then tell them to turn their heads and cough, you snap a small branch and if they only bend they’re not ready. Snap a large branch and the same thing. You turn them this way and then that way. You put a fan on them, you don’t put a fan on them, you put a rotating fan on them, you point a rotating fan against the wall behind them, you stand on your head and you whistle Dixie backwards. Aaaaarrrrrrrgh!!!

4 Likes

@Majiktoker

Well, you have been extremely patient with me and I appreciate that and all your help. I was looking for colored glass and they did have a turquoise color 12 pack but they were one pint jars so I passed on those. I was very pleased at the price. Sometimes Target comes through for you.

As a matter of fact I found two movies there yesterday for $7.50 a piece. American Graffiti, which was filmed in my hometown and at my high school gym with a couple of my friends as extras in the background. Also I bought Black Mass with Johnny Depp. The James Whitey Bulger story. Watched it last night, great movie. I saw them filming it last summer, an outdoor bar scene down on Revere Beach and saw it in the movie last night as Miami Beach. Whoever thought Revere Beach could look like Miami? All you Massachusetts people should know the joke in that one. :astonished:

2 Likes

And to be more specific about drying and curing usually dry it for up to about 7 days or until the stems snap, once stems snap your good to throw in jars (keep in mind you want to hang in a dark room with 50% humidity).

Once they go in jars they will need to be in there for minimal 2-3 weeks because they will release a gas called ethylene, which is not good to inhale it can cause respritory and breathing problems (that’s why flowers need to be cured properly). Leave them in a dark room jard and curing and remove twice a day for 20 minutes to air them out and let the gas (ethylene) and humidity out so they do not hold any of it in or mold, allowing 20 minutes twice a day for the first week is how I cure mine then second week ill bring them out once a day and let them air out for about 10-20 minutes.

After about 2 weeks squeeze a bud and if it fluffs back to original shape after being squeezed its a perfectly cured bud

4 Likes