1st grow-MA-White Widow

This rings so true to me: growing or playing, learn everything, then just go on instinct.

2 Likes

Take you a year to prune those suckers! :scissors:

1 Like

Somehow they survived 3 days of 95°. They’re humming right along.

7 Likes

@Majiktoker hahahhaha

Awesome lol

4 Likes

Hey @Majiktoker

The plant that had the potassium def is really starting to yellow. The yellowing is on the leaves that had the rust spots so is this what you would expect even if the deficiency has been handled, or is more going on here?

Today is day one of week 5. This one plant has been giving me so much trouble. Like a bad step-child.

There is a lot more yellowing than what shows up in the photograph.

In this last photo you can easily tell which plant is which.

4 Likes

For a minute, I thought you were using a Topsy Turvy…LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Ventures-82506-Topsy-Turvy-Upside-Down/dp/B0001WYNP0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497473517&sr=8-2&keywords=topsy+turvy+tomato+planter

2 Likes

There will be a little more to it if it has progressed down. Increase all your other nutrients. When adding potassium silicate or silicon plants will increase the uptake of their nutrients meaning will will allow you to give them more without burning them.

Additionally when adding potassium if your not adding any other nutrients with it than potassium will be liable to send the plant into a cal Mag deficiency as well as nitrogen, this is because again when adding potassium silicate your adding the purest form of potassium available which in terms like I mentioned will increase the uptake of all or most elements there for increase the strength of feedings is somewhat needed @BobWags

1 Like

If rusts spots continue to worsen that is very likely a sign cal Mag needs to be increased as rust spots are usually commonly found with calcium or magnesium deficiencies. Again this would likely be from adding potassium silicate as you are increasing there availability and uptake of mobile and immobile elements (or otherwise better known as the micro-macronutrients)(also known as primary elements, secondary elements, and trace elements)

@Majiktoker

I actually understood all that. :slight_smile: I did not get a silicate potassium but the hydro store sold me Roots organic hpk to handle the problem. Is that the wrong nutrient to use? It has three percent of soluble potash with calcium and magnesium and phosphate. I’ve also been adding Cali magic to the feeding along with the regular amount of Flora Duo a + b.

All the sugar leaves look good, much darker green than the rest of the plant. The leaves being affected are those fan leaves just under the sugar leaves.

1 Like

@Majiktoker

Also the bottom leaves are yellowing and falling off at a pretty good clip. Everyday I give the plants a little shake and maybe a dozen leaves fall between the two plants. I will reach down from the top when I see a yellow leaf and give it a very slight tug and if it doesn’t immediately fall off I leave it alone but for the most part about 1 in 5 come off. That is happening on both plants however a bit more on the problem plant.

It may work, good potassium products I like to use are things like protekt, silica blast, or rhino skin. Honestly rhino skin is my favorite and best potassium product.

They do appear to have red hairs coming in, but does seem a little early for that. My honest opinion give a higher dosage of the roots organic not much higher but slightly higher.

Main reason I recommend the potassium silicate or silicon is because typically when growing in soil when a plant remains in the same pot with the same soil over long periods of time they will use up all available silicate or silicon available in the soil before any other nutrients. Seeing the picture my bets definitely are riding on potassium deficiency maybe slight phosphorus deficiency as well.

But adding potassium silicate reapplies the silicate throughout the soil there fore providing overall better uptake from the soil its self (figuratively speaking adding a pure form of potassium silicate like rhino skin will allow the plant to uptake all nutrients in the soil at a more evenly rate rather than going for one nutrient or another giving over all toxic build ups or nutrient lock outs) @BobWags

1 Like

Also,try to slightly increase nitrogen but not a whole lot or it will have bad results

1 Like

Thanks @Majiktoker

I understand what you are saying. I will do what you suggest. Those hairs on the buds actually started browning about two weeks after they first appeared. I thought it was a little soon myself but what do I know.

One other thing, I’ve been doing feed, water, feed, water. I know some people water twice before they feed and others feed at every watering. Do you suggest I feed at each watering until the problems start to dissipate or do another schedule? That will be my last question for this week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Id probably pick a day and feed once a week being that i mentioned increasing their feeding dosage, that should definitely help bring the problem back under control. Another reason I recommend the pure forms of potassium silicate is because they can absorbed alot faster then other forms of potassium. Potassium silicate in soil can be absorbed in 24 hours by a plant other forms can take up to 48-72 hours to show even a slight increase in helping.

1 Like

Thanks @Majiktoker I’ll pick up one of those products you suggested tomorrow after work. I’m really beginning to feel like you are Godfather to these girls.

4 Likes

Lol thanks @BobWags

1 Like

@Majiktoker

Something is not right with this sick plant. I watered and fed both plants at the same time a week ago yesterday and between then and now we have had three straight days of mid-90° weather. A couple of days ago I lifted the pot and it was still very heavy so I figured two more days and she would be ready. So today I mixed up 2 gallons of water with full nutrients.

I went to lift the pot again to see how light it was and it’s just as heavy as the other plant which was watered three days ago (which was in need of water). I put in the moisture meter and it swung immediately to the right pegging out on “wet”. It’s been 8 days and it’s like it has drank absolutely no water. Any explanation for that one? I’m at a total loss.

Also how long will those nutrients that I mixed today last in a sealed container before I should throw it away?

@Majiktoker

Even though she’s not drinking any water the buds continue to grow. I have no idea if they’re as big as they should be or if they are too small but they are growing. Just confusing.

BTW, I looked at my journal that I have written out here at home and today is the first day of week 6.

2 Likes

First day of week 6? Quick question are this clones or mothers.

Good answer for not drinking much water and explanation would be humidity sounds like its getting really high at night giving you low evaporation pressure meaning she is gunna eat and drink slower than usual.

If these are clones this could be why they are trying to potentially finish this early or second though along with evaporation pressure is they could be out of root room which could be trying to encourage them to finish.

Which in conclusion depending on pot size she could be likely drinking slower because of maxed out root room the water has no where to go but to the roots

@Majiktoker

These are from seed. They RN 5 gallon square pots with holes drilled in the sides. There was only two days with any sort of high humidity but it’s been relatively dry. I have a 6 inch fan as an outtake with passive intake going 24 hours a day and when the door is shut the sides of the tent get sucked inward.

Both plants have averaged needing water about every 7-8 days. Seems like they should be needing twice as much as they drink and I’m not under watering them so I don’t know what’s going on.

The buds have been growing fatter but there’s been only about 3 inches stretch since I put them into 12 hour light a little over six weeks ago. I thought they were supposed to stretch almost half of the size that they were but that has not happened.

Will the nutrients mixed with water hold for a few days or should I dump it and start again when they need feeding?