1st grow-MA-White Widow

@Countryboyjvd1971

I would never think you were putting me down. I’m new at this so I listen to what everybody says. The more people comment the more I learn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Opened the tent after work today and found a sea o’ buds!!

11 Likes

They are looking crazy good👍

1 Like

Thanks, @Nug-bug Now if I can get them through this upcoming heat wave then I’ll be happy. They’ve been through a lot already so I think they’ll make it.

1 Like

I’m a little worried that these buds are too close together. I know I’ve vegged them longer than I should. These two plants are in a 3X3 area.

I can’t be too upset when these buds are looking so frosty. (New phone, less photo edit control hence off colored leaves, due to led units)

8 Likes

Hi @BobWags , can you tell me where you bought that sprog net , it want to try to sprog one of my girls

Thank you
MB

1 Like

@MBgrower

Morning, MB. The lower net, which is made of bungee material with pole hooks at each corner, I got at gyostuff in Cambridge. About $15. The upper net is a simple cloth trellis bought in the garden section of home depot for about $5.

The lower net took about 15 seconds to install. The upper was a little bit of a pain and took quite a while to unravel and attach with clothes pins. Its personal choice which one you would want. I’m just lazy and the extra 10 bucks was well worth being able to just quickly attach it and be done with it.

2 Likes

Can’t get it any cooler in here. Both LED units are running with veg switch only. Hoping no lasting damage will come of this heatwave.

Avoid this brand of temp/humidy meter. The temp looks correct but the humidity is way off. It has to easily be 70% rh in here. I have an older one, same brand, same model, same outcome. Will there ever be a product that works 100% as claimed?

3 Likes

It was hot today @BobWags mine was high 80s too

@bob31

The room my tent is in is the warmest room in the building. My landlady grew up in this house and she says it’s always been that way and they never could figure out why. The room where I sleep has an air conditioner and it is at 55 degrees right now. Walking into this front room is an immediate 30 degree increase. It will be perfect in the fall and winter.

1 Like

Thanks again @BobWags , I’ll look around for the bungee one , don’t have a gyostuff in my area so I might forced to use the cloth trellis , I was thinking of cutting my old tomato cages and buys some wired fence and secure the fence with strip ties , How far should away should the net be , my girls are about a month and half?

MB:grin:

Hey, @MBgrower , your scrog will depend on strain, plant height, growing space width/depth/height, and age of plant which you posted. A few photos would help then we can tag @Majiktoker who is my go-to guy for all things about growing.

I had major problems early on so I vegged my plants for a full 3 months because I wanted them healthy before I flipped them into flower. I also trained the hell outta them. I topped tops that were topped that were topped. I tied down pretty much every branch. I started my scrog after about two months.

This is my first grow and the reason I’ve been successful so far is because of the folks on here who have helped me and a whole lot of luck.

5 Likes

Woohoo @BobWags look at you go brother
Two thumbs up :+1: :+1: Buddy
Nice job your going to be swimming in quality bud brother can I get a woohoo :raised_hands:

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Your posts always make laugh. I appreciate them. We are on our second day of mid 90s here in Boston so let’s hope I make it through okay.

I dont know if the heat yesterday was the cause but last night half the dropped acoustical ceiling in the kitchen collapsed. So today in this heat Im going to have to remove all those soft fiberglass panels and see what’s going on up there. Mid 90s, high humidity and fiberglass on sweaty skin. This is looking to be a great day :astonished:

5 Likes

I feel the same way, every single person that has replied to any question I’ve post has treated my with such respect . So willing the share there knowledge and extremely helpful. Who knew that just by ordering seeds for I:heart:GM would have lead me hear. I can’t say thank you enough . I’m going outside to take a few pictures.

MB:relieved:

5 Likes

@MBgrower

I totally agree with you about this forum. I too bought seeds from ILGM and found this forum just like you did. I’ve found nothing but good people on here as opposed to other Forums on other sites where there is a lot of name-calling and less than helpful advice.

1 Like

Oh my @BobWags I hate those tiles lol
And yeah not going to be fun in the heat
:frowning: Tryvand stay cool bro

1 Like

Is it to soon to Sprog ? Month an a half old, Strawberry Kush and has 8 nodes @BobWags @Majiktoker

All advice is greatly appreciated !!
Here are my girls this morning - happy in the sun

Thanks again MB

3 Likes

You could but you should start off topping her then tie her back then get the scrog screen set in place than keep tucking and bending until screen is full.

Safe to say once she has been topped she can be scrogged @MBgrower

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

The wires supporting the frame to the ceiling snapped. Runs the length of the room. Pssh, off to Home Depot for me.

2 Likes