1st grow-MA-White Widow

Have any thing that is potassium silicate, looks like a potassium deficiency, or nutrient burn

1 Like

@Majiktoker

I don’t have any potassium silica anywhere. I was worried about nutrient burn now that I’ve worked up to full strength General Hydroponics Flora Duo. I’ve heard on a few occasions that it is very strong stuff. I’ll just have to cut back on half strength and feed every third watering.

This is their first day of week 4 in flower. I just watered her yesterday with only adding some Cal Mag. Do you suggest a heavy flush? Or just go my normal routine with the next two waterings being pH water only?

@Majiktoker @garrigan62

Is this photo more descriptive?

4 Likes

Yo, when my leaves looked like that, potassium silicate saved them. Thanks to @Majiktoker. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Definitely potassium deficiency

3 Likes

Thanks again, @Majiktoker
After work today I bought some Roots Organic HPK.
Phosphate 4.0%
Soluble potash 3.0%
Calcium 3.0%
Magnesium 1.0%

I take it I should just wait until the next watering to add this to the usual amount of nutrients. Now that my pH meter is back in line they will be able to absorb what I’m giving them.

1 Like

Yes wait until next watering to add

1 Like

@Majiktoker

Thanks Toker. I know precisely what happened. I made another rookie mistake. Today I had to water and feed the other plant so before I did I decided to test pH the water I had sitting out for 48 hours even though I calibrated the meter yesterday with a 4.0 solution. Today I double-checked by testing with the pH drops which came out a dark green yet showed on the meter I was at 6.0.

So I opened up a packet of 7.0 solution and checked the meter and it was pegging out at 8.5 so it was a full one and a half points higher then what was true. I then calibrated with the 7.0 and tested it with the drops and they came out the same.

So like a fool I trusted my meter because I calibrated it in April but that was far too long to let it go. I learned the lesson to use the meter and the drops at every watering.

5 Likes

Even with the deficiency and ph problems this plant continues to grow daily. As a matter of fact this one plant that has had issues on and off throughout her entire grow is growing bigger buds than her sister plant which has had no issues. That’s genetics for you.

11 Likes

They’re filling out now. So much more impressive when you are inches away looking at them. Photos do not do them justice.

11 Likes

Woo looking great buddy

1 Like

Not bad for an old fart!

2 Likes

@Majiktoker

Thanks to you.

3 Likes

@bob31

What young punk said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks???

3 Likes

Lol and you my friend you put the effort into correcting them without giving up

1 Like

@Majiktoker

Well, I have around $800 or more invested in this first grow so I’m not giving up. Besides, I’m Irish and Scottish with some English mixed in and we just don’t give up easily :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol right! That’s true Haha and dont blame you one bit, that’s to much to give up on at that point your committed lol :smile:

1 Like

They’re getting that classic W Widow frosty look to them.

14 Likes

I love White Widow.
Their buds are dense and grow big.
I’m growing that & blueberry in the same tent & the buds are no comparison, WW wins hands down

3 Likes

@North_East_Newbie

I’m amazed at the daily growth of these bad girls. It happened so fast. It’s interesting how both are white widow however one plant has fewer buds than the other but they are bigger. I Now understand when people talk about genetics. It’s now obvious to me.

3 Likes