1st grow-MA-White Widow

@Fever

I so appreciate the sentiment and in a sense you are correct. I had to rely on the experience of all of you which gave me the experience to move forward. I’m so glad that I found this site and bought seeds from Robert. It was the best decision I’ve made in a long time.

3 Likes

tucking leaves, playing “stink finger” with your plant and touching the resin…what an aroma, a taste of things to come…

watching the beads cloud up and the buds swell…this will test your patience, the day to day decision of when to harvest, still a ways to go for your girl!

I am very happy for you @BobWags :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks, @kabongster It’s a thrill to watch. I’ve scene photos of plants getting resinous and forming buds but the reality of it on my plant just did not set in until this week. It’s satisfying to know that my plants are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.

3 Likes

just moving the branches a little sends the aroma up into the air…what a fascinating smell from your plant…the buds look great, I’m sure you’re next grow will be awesome :wink:

4 Likes

Watching with baited breath as my first grow is one month behind yours great job

1 Like

@Patsbasement , nice to have you here. Thanks for the optimism. What strain are you growing?

Both my first and second grow are white widow photo seems pretty easy so far I’ll tag you in on my new journal

3 Likes

@Patsbasement

Yes, do tag me. I would love to watch how your plants progress. This is a great site as everyone I’ve encountered have been so helpful and selfless with their time. You’ve come to a good place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Last day of week 3 of flower and things are coming along nicely.

8 Likes

Great looking scrog Bob!
So even across the screen.
Can’t wait to see them start to stretch & fatten up!!!

3 Likes

Thanks @North_East_Newbie , I’ve easily been reading 2 - 3 hours per day along with a couple of hundred hours of YouTube videos on growing since the middle of January. The real challenge in all of that has been trying to separate the BS from the true knowledge. Many on this site have helped me along. @Majiktoker saved these two plants from dying on a couple of occasions so I owe so much to him.

I also want to give a shout-out and a big thanks to @bob31 who helped me through my first 2 months. He talked me through successful transplants and lighting and many words of wisdom. He calmed me when I began to panic and lose faith.

Anyway, I’ve been pretty lucky seeing this is my first grow. I’ve always had beginner’s luck :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’d rather be lucky than good.
Looks like you are both, my friend!

1 Like

@North_East_Newbie

Thanks for that but we shall see how truly good I am after the next couple of grows. :slight_smile:

With all the problems you had early on in this grow, you have excelled!
Your clones are taking off too!

1 Like

@North_East_Newbie
Man, you ain’t just whistlin Dixie when you say I had problems early on. Never thought I would make it past the first month or so. All those problems stemmed from the Black Gold soil I was using. Never again.

The Clones are crazy! I finally found a home for two of them. I don’t have room for all 4 as it is. I just took this photo of the clones today. I never thought that growing under 6 1600 lumens CFLs could make such fast-growing vibrant plants.

6 Likes

I may start my next grow under CFLs only.
See how far into veg I can get them before flipping on the LEDs.

It would save on my electric bill too!

1 Like

@North_East_Newbie

That is my plan as well. That is why I bought the 2 x 2 x 4 foot tent just so I can veg the clones with CFLs while the two big plants are in flower in the big tent under the two LEDs. Hopefully I’ve timed this right so when I harvest the two big plants I can put the clones straight into the flower tent.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words buddy, looking fantastic!

4 Likes

Thanks Bob @BobWags I’m glad I was able to help you out brother.

1 Like

@Majiktoker @garrigan62

Okay guys, here we go again. Got home today and these leaves are starting to do their thing again. I’m giving them close to full nutrients every other watering. Off the top of my head I’m guessing nutrient lockout. The pH has been right on the money at 5.8, or so I thought. When I tested my pH meter today against 4.0 solution it came out 4.5 so the pH has in reality been 5.3 which of course would cause the lockout.

I’ve also been adding half-strength General Hydroponics calimagic at nearly every watering.

So my question to you just from the photos and what I’ve told you would you say this was nutrient lockout and what should I do to get it back on track? The other plant is doing fine and as you recall the plant that was having all the earlier troubles with the same issue is the exact same plant that’s having the present issues. Obviously one is more sensitive than the other. Under the canopy hasn’t been too bad although it has been losing leaves, maybe 2 or 3 per day. They yellow and then totally crisp up.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

2 Likes