1st grow-MA-White Widow

@bob31

The front smaller plant that I never topped (experiment) and has only a few buds on it has been going about 7 weeks. The two bigger plants in the back are on week 5.

1 Like

Hows your last harvest holding up? @BobWags

I pretty much have given away all that I had from the first harvest. The Second Harvest I at first thought had very airy buds. Now that they have been curing since the middle of sept they have turned out to be very dense heavy buds. This next Harvest is looking even better than the first two so I’m sure I will get some very good yields from it.

3 Likes

It’s nice to not have that pressure!

I’m harvesting my GL SCROG on Sunday. She’s ready to come down. Thats gonna be a pretty nice harvest!

@BobWags

2 Likes

@bob31

Congratulations on another successful Harvest. I’m looking forward to seeing your final yield. I’m going to try and come on here more often as this last month or so has been a little bit taxing on me and I’ve stayed offline. I have to get back into the thick of things. Maybe I’ll create some problems just so I can come on and get advice :slight_smile:

It’s off to bed for me now since I have to get up at 3 and go to work in the morning. Enjoy your night and we will talk again soon. Thanks again for all your encouragement, Bob. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Ok, brother. We miss ya. Look forward to catching up again soon!

1 Like

Transplanted my 4th generation white widow clones from 16 oz cups to 3 qt plastic. The big plant is my third generation white widow clone, so far grown only under CFLs. Lots of super cropping on the big one.

6 Likes

You still like the white widow? (hahaha) I’m guessing you do with the clones. @BobWags

@bob31

Well, I bought 10 ww seeds last January. I planted three, giving one plant away and keeping two. I’ve been cloning ever since. I still have seven seeds left plus one Purple Haze seed. It’s just so easy to clone and to keep the rotation going without much thought. If I were to buy seeds again I would probably buy three seeds each of three different strains.

Doing it the way I’m doing I will get four harvests per year.

3 Likes

Thats a winner for sure @BobWags I like the white widow. Good smoke for sure!

2 Likes

So I think I’ll be cutting down the small plant this weekend. Only has maybe 10 buds on it but boy are they dense.

11 Likes

Looks like she’s about ready @BobWags

2 Likes

Now here’s a new one. My white widows, starting out 7 weeks in flowering, feedings have been plain water then feeding alternating every other watering. When I feed I am using General Hydroponics A/B plus Cal Mag as well as a tablespoon per gallon of Roots organic hpk. Ph has constant between 5.8 and 6.1 Im using Roots organic soilless medium. Temperature has been between 77 and 81 degrees.

Some of the leaves are turning white starting from the inside and working their way out and others are just browning at the tips. The Browning looks different than other times when I’ve overfed. I’m not too worried about it as they only have one to two more weeks to go before harvest but I’ve just never seen the whitening of leaves before. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Wow, curious what that’s from? @BobWags… Seems like light bleaching, glad your close to harvest. I just harvested 3 WW photos, have some drying and some curing in jars… Good luck brother

3 Likes

@Zombo

It does look like bleaching but the LED’s are between 17 and 18 inches away. Same distance I had them during my last two grows and the temps were a good 10 degrees higher at those times. It’s only happening on one plant. The only difference between that plant and the others is it is in a 3 gallon fabric pot rather than the 5 gallon fabric pots the other two are in.

Congratulations on your Harvest. I’m looking forward to harvesting these and putting the other clones into this flowering tent. I’m going to be trying the Purple Haze seed that I was given by @Willd next time around.

2 Likes

Seems like your dialed in fine, looked at deficiency charts and don’t see anything like what’s happening on your leaves. @BobWags, your buds will be fine this close to harvest. I’m gonna keep watching and see what others with more experience than me say. Will you start a journal for the purple haze grow?

2 Likes

Thanks @Zombo and yes, I will definitely keep a journal for the Purple Haze. I just hope I don’t mess up the germination as I only have the 1 seed. I’m looking forward to next year when I can walk in to a dispensary and pick up whatever clones I like.

2 Likes

Almost there.

10 Likes

That’s weird @bobwags I’m the same way. 2 weeks till harvest? No worries.

1 Like

I cut down the small plant tonight. This was my experimental plant. No topping and did not scrog and the difference in yield is about 10 to 1 in favor of scrogging. The buds are very very dense and hefty however the yield is so much less compared to a fully scrogged plant. I knew this would be the case but I just wanted to check it out for myself.

I’m still happy with it as I have two other plants in the scrog which should be ready in 1 or 2 weeks.

4 Likes