1st grow-MA-White Widow

@Whodat66

It’s a love-hate relationship. It’s nice to have them trimmed and hanging but it’s such a pain in the butt to do it. I know for the next 5 days my finger joints are going to be frozen and painful but that’s the price you have to pay :slight_smile:

Think “finger-hash”… It helps the joints.

1 Like

Trimmed up and drying. Not a bad haul.

Still needs to be trimmed.

Sugar leaves.

Small buds.

11 Likes

@Willd

On my 1st grow you were interested to know how large the root ball was. This time I used 3 gallon fabric smart pots which are 7 and 1/2 in tall. The roots from just one of these plants came out between 19 and 20 in long. The roots from my first harvest in the 5-gallon plastic were much smaller if you recall.

Even with the smaller pots and the fact that I topped a whole lot less this time around it appears that my Harvest is at least equal if not more than the first harvest of two plants which covered the complete scrog net and we’re vegged a lot longer.

6 Likes

ahhh,i love that feeling @BobWags congrats!

3 Likes

Anyone in need of a scented candle to disguise the smell of their grow? :joy:

7 Likes

The day after I harvested the two plants I repotted two clones into 3 gallon fabric pots and put them into the flowering tent. The plant in the front is a small clone that I put into flower a couple of weeks back. I didn’t do any topping, just a little supercropping and put her straight into flower just to see what I would get.

So two big clones have been on a 12/12 light regimen for 2 days now.

4 Likes

At 4 this morning, ten minutes before I had to leave for work, I tested the buds hanging to dry and they were right on the borderline of being too dry so like a bolt of lightning I grabbed two one gallon plastic bags and began cutting. Huge mess on the floor when I got home today.

Anyway, I don’t have a scale so I have no idea what my final yield is but it’s not half bad. Like I said I put them in one gallon bags so you can see one is pretty filled up and the other one about three-quarters filled. Definitely not bulging but still pretty good. I’m pleased. I hope I did not dry them too long.

8 Likes

The buds are a bit drier than my last Harvest. I think I missed the window by about one day. I’m not worried though. The big difference this time around his the buds are more airy than those from the first harvest. I attributed that to the extreme high heat this grow went through as well as not being able to run the LEDs at full wattage because of the heat.

This grow that I now have in the flower tent should be better because the heat is gone and I can run at full power.

Anyway, this is the final yield put into one quart mason jars

7 Likes

Still a great haul though! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Nug-bug. It took very little work this time around in all aspects so I’m pleased. I just found it difficult to find where you actually top on clones. I just got lazy and never asked anyone. I did fim quite a bit though.

In any case I think I got slightly more out of this harvest but it looks to be less quality. Given take I guess.

1 Like

I had the same airy bud problem from high heat. Make hash

1 Like

@Fever

That’s a good idea. I’m going to let it cure for a couple months then decide.

People are funny man the cure won’t smell as good because your mostly leaf and that doesn’t give the good aroma like bud. My wwa was the same.

@Fever

Most aren’t THAT leafy. Just not as dense as the 1st harvest. I know what you are saying though. I have two jars of sugar leaves and they don’t smell like the buds. In fact they do not smell that pleasant at all. But those I jarred up yesterday are good enough to cure.

Also I believe the reason why the buds are less dense this time is because I vegged them under CFLs instead of the LEDs. Between that and the high heat they were bound to be of less quality. This is all just a learning experience for me. A big part of that learning is hearing suggestions and opinions from all of you on this board. Besides, I smoke very little and give away most of it.

I’m probably going to buy a 300 watt LED for the small veg tent. That should make a difference.

2 Likes

I had the same issue with the high heat and airy buds on my NL auto. Still does the trick. Good job man :+1:

2 Likes

Mine was outdoors to veg so light was not a contributor.
Heat was

1 Like

Nice job buddy you’ve came far since the start

2 Likes

@Majiktoker

Thanks to you and a few others who taught me well. It’s funny how I now don’t really think about what I’m doing, I just do it. I see some problems with leaves, look closely, see some nute burn, so I ease up. See some brown spots & add a little phosphorus. It took a little while to get used to the fabric pots and the more frequent watering but I’ve got it down now.

I hope you got your car up and running well.

4 Likes

I did it turned out to be the instrument cluster

1 Like