1st grow-MA-White Widow

@Whodat66

Sounds like you have things under control and a plan to follow. Is your light LED? I’ve had good luck with my two 450w LEDs but had some heat problems during the summer but now that Autumn is approaching the tent is staying a nice high 70s to low 80s.

LED, but only 300w. I’m thinking of adding another $69.95 300w-er before flowering if I get there.

2 Likes

@Whodat66

If you don’t over-water or overfeed and if you have a good quality pH meter and you keep your pH right on the money then you will get there. Don’t ask me how I know all of that. :disappointed:

hahahaha @BobWags

2 Likes

One of my clones has a weird growth happening. At the very base of the trunk right at soil level there is a small branch that comes out but it branches off into four tops. I don’t think I topped these clones just because I’m confused on how to top them as the nodes are not even. I may have fimmed it but I don’t recall.

These clones are under CFLs so are growing a bit unruly because the tent is only at 2 x 2 x 4 so very little room to grow them horizontally. I have three in that tent.

This particular clone is 19 inches at its tallest but these 4 little shoots that are very bushy are four inches and one is only two inches. They pictures here don’t quite do it justice but you can basically see what’s happening. I’m just curious about it.

3 Likes

Week 7. Getting close.

8 Likes

Looking good buddy good job

4 Likes

Almost there.

8 Likes

Looking good @BobWags! How are things? :+1:

2 Likes

yes sir, looking great @BobWags

@MattyBear

Howdy! Things have been okay. Been incredibly busy so haven’t been on here much. I get home from work and and more or less collapse on the couch just spacing out.

I’m all set to spend five days and three nights in the White Mountains in New Hampshire however Saturday when I got home from work there was a bill for $400 in the mail from the state income tax Fox. Supposedly from 2013. So the trip is up in the air now but I’m trying to figure out a way to go. On top of that I have to get the master cylinder for the brakes in my car replaced. There’s a few more hundred dollars. When it rains it pours.

Sorry now that you asked how things are going? :laughing:

2 Likes

I got a similar letter/bill not $400 though :disappointed:
Like they ain’t got enough

1 Like

Dry some of the ladies and have a local vacation…

1 Like

Things are moving along @BobWags. Kids started school and work is steady! Hopefully you get to take that trip. Sounds like you could use some R&R pal! Best wishes :+1:

1 Like

@MattyBear

Amen to R&R. It’s a 100% photographic vacation. 3 years back I drove up there from Boston at 3 in the morning and spent the day taking photos. No planning, just doing it by the seat of my pants. This time I am planning the trip out by doing a lot of research and Recon on Google Earth. I really want to get it right this time.

The past few years here in New England, at least in the Massachusetts area, just prior to peak there always seemed to be a nor’easter that rumbles through and decimates the majority of the leaves. I was feeling pretty good this time about that not happening but here comes a hurricane so after this week I will know how the storm has affected the trees.

Whether I’ll be able to do it or not is up in the air but I am determined.

4 Likes

So I’m in a bit of a pickle here concerning my flowering plants and the clones in the small tent. The big plants are not quite ready for harvest yet. I’m guessing another 1-2 weeks. The clones in the small tent have grown too tall. They are only an inch or so from the lights and the lights cannot be raised any further as it is a 4 foot high tent. I need to get them into the flower tent as soon as possible.

The problem is on the 16th of October I am going to New Hampshire for five days. If it takes another two weeks before I can harvest the plants then they need to be hung to dry for 5-10 days. Another week or more in the jars which have to be opened a couple of times a day. Well, if you look at the time frame that means they will be in the curing jars for the 5 days that I’m away. I’m not going to take a few jars of weed with me across the border into New Hampshire.

So my dilemma is do I cut the big plants down early so I can save the three clones that are in the small tent and be able to dry and do the beginning stages of curing the flowering plants before my vacation? Ugh.

Full clone tent.

Plants not quite ready to harvest.

3 Likes

I don’t really see any other option, Bob @BobWags

@bob31

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. If I cut them down next week then they will still be plenty good as I think all the trichomes are cloudy but I have to get out my 35mm DSLR and get up really close to find out. I’m going to do that later this evening when the lights come on.

I’m very surprised that the Clones are doing so well under CFLs. It’s a nice surprise. I have to get two of them transplanted into 3 gallon pots as they are still in one gallon plastic.

1 Like

1st plant cut and ready to trim. 2nd plant gets cut later this evening.

10 Likes

Ohhhhh the struggle…

2 Likes