1st grow-MA-White Widow

Thanks @Fever , exactly what I needed. I’ll let you know how it works out.

I just got this from the grow store told me it helps break down salts that helps the plant absorb nutrients better I fed them 15 mL of photo synthesis plus and 15 mL of nourish-Lthat was per gallon to start I fed them three days ago they seem to like it. it smells like rotten eggs but once you put it through the soil the smell goes away. and thank you for helping me a while back fix my pH with roots organics my plants are a lot happier.:v:

2 Likes

Never seen them but looks interesting ! Let us know what you get out of them.

1 Like

@eric2

Its nice to hear others have used this product and are successful with it. I’m going to start using it this weekend. I’m happy you got the pH in line. Makes all the difference in the world, doesn’t it? Best thing I did was change soils and buy a $70 pH meter. I bought a $15 meter on Amazon and it lasted maybe 2 weeks. So I got the other one at the hydro store and it’s been working like fine tuned watch.

5 Likes

My pH meter was about $50 and it made all the difference in the world. I bought an Apera ph 20 and have not been sorry.

3 Likes

i purchased one myself,great tool. the aprea ph-20
my yellow and black one would not stay on while ‘‘on’’…lol
i got to where i could not trust it.

2 Likes

Doing fine. Day 16 flower.

8 Likes

I have not used it nor heard of it sorry buddy been super busy

1 Like

@Brian091180

Hey, how did your grow turn out from February?

1 Like

I’m bummed tonight. One of my co-workers was going to go out on a country motorcycle ride with me tomorrow. Had it planned for weeks. She just texted saying her girlfriend’s grandfather in New Hampshire had a pretty bad stroke last night and they are putting him in hospice so she has to join her girlfriend to go see him. I totally understand it but still bummed.

Next week is her last week at work. She is off to Hollywood where she has landed a major role in a Netflix series that will be filming a pilot in January. I wanted to enjoy a day with her before she turns into one of those mightier than thou, highfalutin, big headed, stuck-up, sitting on her high :racehorse: looking down at the peasants, Hollywood :star:s. :laughing:

Looks like I’m riding solo… Again! C’est la vie!

Since this is a grow journal and not a whiny diary I will include a picture.

8 Likes

I would say that with help like you gave here I could use your experience later with my project

WoW…
It took me (I guess) about 4 hours to read this thread.
Exactly what I was looking for. A White Widow grow from start to finish.
I am trying a couple WW’s also and have had a question or five along so far. Great Learning Experience here.
Thanks for sharing Bob.
MC

2 Likes

@MindlessCorpse

Yeah, I tend to go off on tangents and ramble a bit. Earlier this evening I started reading my thread from the beginning and after a couple of hours I just had to give up.

I hope you learned a thing or two, specially what not to do, which I did a lot of that. The second grow is going so much smoother. Not as many buds because I topped less, purposely, just to see if my yield will equal out to what the last harvest was.

I find I’m spending so much less time with my second grow even though I have to water about every 3 days verses every 8 to 12 days which I had to do on my first grow simply because I was using 5-gallon plastic pots then. I’m now using 3-gallon fabric. With the experience I gained on the first grow I have had no pH issues at all throughout this second grow and they are on a regular feeding schedule as they should be.

I hope your grow is working out well for you and I appreciate that you reached out here. My friends who I have given buds to have said that the taste is different from anything they’ve tasted before and it is so much less harsh than what they buy. They think it’s because I grew organically which is not the case. I use both organic and chemical nutrients. However I did flush the last two waterings before harvest but I think what they are tasting is freshly harvested bud instead of months old or years old vacuum packed bud from the West Coast or wherever.

3 Likes

By luck, I had gotten an LED for regular plants that was less than $30. It was a 10w full spectrum. great for seedlings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016VICIJA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?tag=greenrel-20

Price has gone up, but it works. It is now also a side-light in my tent.

1 Like

@Whodat66

Sounds like a steal and I’m glad that worked out for you. I’m very happy with my two 450w LEDs. Unfortunately in the summertime they run rather hot and now that I am in flower I’ve had to keep only the bloom switch on which is only giving me about 220 total watts versus running both veg and bloom switches which gives me a little over 400 true watts total. Once Autumn comes around I will be able to run both switches on both units and keep it in the comfortable range.

I’m really rambling on tonight so I think I should just smoke a bowl and head for bed. It’s going to be an early rise for me taking the motorcycle out in North Western Massachusetts yet again.

1 Like

I have a larger LED that I use for flowering, I just happened to have this lying around when I started and it worked.

Enjoy the ride brother ! No matter with someone, or alone, the road will always welcome you. Enjoy the ride for what it is, a ride ! :cowboy_hat_face::motorcycle:

1 Like

Taking a ride on the Mohawk Trail???

1 Like

Thanks @TxGrowman

I’m out now and it’s a very nice day for riding. A little bit warm seeing I have on a denim shirt and leather jacket. Not the best attire in 85 degree weather but as long as I ride through the forest roads I’m good.

3 Likes

@Capt_Seeweed

I leave Boston and turn off at Concord. I stop in Carlisle to pick up an Italian sub to take with me and then I hit Route 225 East which takes me up around Groton and a little North into the Willard Brook State Forest. It’s my favorite ride. I’m usually out about 8 hours. Lots of coffee stops equals lots of bathroom stops. Not to mention a few smokes at each stop.

I just picked up my Italian in Carlisle, going to finish my coffee, and then straight on to 225.

4 Likes