1st grow-MA-White Widow

We did it last week. The high was 58. In 2014, we lit a fire at least once every month. Some crazy stuff right there. Oh the Cape

3 Likes

That looks like flowering to me. Youā€™re off and running again. Good Luck and may the ganja gods be with you ! !
I wanna keep and eye on your grow. Looks like it is going to be awesome. Jerry

2 Likes

Are you 2 weeks give or eek since you flipped lights? Def in flower now, just curious @BobWags

1 Like

Yea id say so

1 Like

@Zombo

12 days into 12/12. The mother plants these clones came from started showing flowers a bit earlier than these however they were kept in veg a good month longer than these clones were.

2 Likes

They look great, happy growing @BobWags

1 Like

Only in New England !!! I do love ALL of the seasons , although sometimes itā€™s hard to know what season we are in , lol !!!

MB:sunglasses:

3 Likes

@BobWags I start count it flower as soon as I start seeing the pistols :+1:
Looking great brother

1 Like

@TxGrowman

Thanks, Jerry. Iā€™m doing things a little differently this time around. Not much but little tweaks here and there. Iā€™m not panicking nor even worried about things such as dead leaves or a little yellow leaf at the bottom. I just add a touch more nitrogen and all is good.

Iā€™ve vegged these two clones for quite a bit less time than I did the seedlings of my last grow. Also I did this last veg totally under CFLs instead of the LEDs. I canā€™t see any real difference other than these plants canopies are just a little bit less in size but not enough to think the yield will be lower. However these are stretching far more and faster than my last two from seed.

Iā€™ve had absolutely no issues to speak of. I believe all my problems with the first grow were pH related. I have a good pH meter now and I calibrate it at every watering and test it against the drops.

Iā€™m not liking the fabric pots only because I have to water every 2 to 3 days. When I had the 5-gallon plastic I didnā€™t have to water but once every 8 days or so. Maybe when all is said and done I will like these fabrics more. They are in 3 gallon whereas the plastic pots were five gallon. Iā€™m interested to see what the difference in the end will be.

Thanks for your usual words of encouragement. They do mean a lot.

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Then I am in flower once again! Itā€™s a bit strange to harvest then the next day put two plants into the 12/12 schedule and in less than two weeks later flowers appear. Didnā€™t I just go through this??? Seems so much faster than the first time around.

If it doesnā€™t rain tomorrow Iā€™m taking the motorcycle out for another country ride but stopping by the hydro store to pick up a couple more 3 gallon fabric pots to put the smaller clones into. They are in 2L plastic pots now and they dry out every two to three days so itā€™s time for transplant. I need to buy more nutrients as well. I never imagined I would go through them as fast as I have.

1 Like

Yeah clones :+1: Ther great Like that hahahaha

2 Likes

I have found the LED will give harder nugs in the end. I do agree that you can do a good job with CFL. I just tend to go to LED due to the final finish on the colaā€™s seems to be more impressive.

The confidence is a great thing once you get over the initial hurdles. Your grows DO get easier once you get over the fear of killing your plants with every move ! LOL

I like the fabric bags over pots due to the fact that I have nothing else to do most of the time and it keeps me busy. The roots in my last fabric pot were unbelievable, so tight and complete in the pot. Unbelievable how many roots she grew in the short grow.

Take care and keep the shiny side up ! . :motorcycle:

4 Likes

@TxGrowman

The flower tent has two 450w LED units so thatā€™s where Iā€™m flowering these plants. I just did the veg under CFLs because the veg tent is a 2 x 2 x 4 foot tent whereas my flowering tent is 3 x 3 x 6 ft. If there is a discernible difference in the final yield I will probably get a 300 watt LED to put into the small tent.

I always keep the shiny side up. Funny thing is I never have come close to laying the bike down or dropping it but last Sunday when I got home I had to maneuver it between two parked cars up over a curb and into and through an area about 4 x 4 foot dirt square where thereā€™s a tree growing. When I got it up there and tried to get the back wheel up on the curb I came so close to dumping it. I fell up against a van on my right and thatā€™s the only reason it didnā€™t go down. Just when you drop your guard and think youā€™re safe because youā€™re homeā€¦

8 Likes

This 2nd grow has been (so far) trouble free. Ph at every watering has been 5.8-6.0 and has kept these plants healthy and flourishing. Another difference Iā€™ve done in this grow is I stopped measuring TDS coming out the bottom.

With the last grow the High EC draining out prevented me from feeding as much as I should have been which between that and the pH being off caused all kinds of deficiencies. I thought about this and with the first grow the soil was so hot I fed maybe twice throughout the whole veg cycle. Any one or two elements probably caused those high readings and thereā€™s no way to know which one(s) was/were causing this. So by not feeding I was obviously denying the plants nutrients they needed but weā€™re not getting.

So this time around Iā€™ve been watering one day and then feeding a couple days later and then watering again. I feed every other watering at 1/2 strength and they are doing great on that schedule. Itā€™s 4:00 in the morning and I hope Iā€™m making sense. Off to work I go. Lucky me!

9 Likes

Looking GREAT !!! She looks so healthy and GREEN , awesome Job!! :star_struck:
Hope you had a good day at work
MB

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome brother looks like your Applying all you learned :+1:

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971
Yeah. I learned that when I feel I should do one thing I do the absolute opposite and Iā€™m good.

@MBgrower

Thanks, MB. They are coming along quite nicely. And by the way, work sucks big time today. I donā€™t know why but today Boston is packed solid with tourists more so than usual. Help me mr. Wizard! I donā€™t want to be a worker no more!

2 Likes

And that work on the pike near downtown is creating traffic havoc even out in Waltham!

1 Like

@Sl1

You have to drive through that? Ouch! They are claiming it will take 3 to 4 weeks but I have to laugh at that estimate. Good luck.