1st grow-MA-White Widow

I hope I do you all proud then.

They are looking good brother. I love the way these plants look under an LED
If you need anything all help as much as I can brother just holler at me

1 Like

Thanks Hawkeye, I feel I will need a lot of help as time goes on. I think I’ve passed the easiest part of it all. Thanks again.

Yeah from seed to veg stage they can be a little finicky

I thought it has so far been pretty easy, of course with help from some here on the board. It seems like from here on out will be the more difficult. We shall see.

Hey @BobWags this is what I do to my pots and there’s a reason that the holes are drilled the way they are and actually I don’t drill holes I use a soldering iron because if you drill the holes what you will notice is over time they will start to crack from the holes out , when you use a soldering iron it actually makes a good Bond through the hole so that there’s no way it can crack from the holes outward … also you will notice in one of the pictures my finger is pointing in a Direction… what I’m saying there , is that’s the way your roots will grow they will wrap around the pot in that direction and by me making that line of holes the way I have at an angle , it makes it so that no matter what the roots have to cross that aerated path… or try to anyways and the other reason for the holes being angled like that is because if I was just to drill holes straight up and down the problem would be when I go to water the water would just spill right out of the holes… so by doing it that way I’m able to water and not have my water just flush right out of the sides of the pot… I hope that makes sense buddy… also by aerating your pots this way you will be able to grow really big plants in smaller pots without your plants Ever Getting rootbound… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Well done @peachfuzz

2 Likes

Hey @BobWags follow this link and read up a few up and down about the starter cubes

I was trying to get my thoughts across about the ph and I don’t think I was coming across correctly. Those cubes are considered a soil less medium and the ph for watering those is around 5.8 I believe. When you take those and add them to soil your in-going water ph needs to rise slowly from 5.8 to 6.7 over a time period so as not to shock the plant. So I stick to my guns that you were experiencing ph issues

:sunglasses:

Hope everyone is having a perfect day!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the demonstration. I see what you are doing there. I would have just drilled holes anywhere and everywhere willy-nilly like. The way you do it makes perfect sense.

Thanks again and I will be doing it your way today after work.

3 Likes

Hey Bob. You are quite likely correct. We will see if that issue settles out after transplant. The trouble I was having is tap water is between 7.0 and 7.5. When I brought it down to 6.5 going in it registered probably somewhere around 5.5 coming out. So if I was to raise the ph so it would be 6.5 coming out I would have to raise it somewhere around 8. Last time I tested it with plain tap water going in it’s still was a bit low coming out.

Am I making sense or do I sound like I had a breakfast of Irish coffees?

I don’t know if it’s the switch to LEDs that are making these plants take off like they’re doing or if it’s just normal for them at this stage to do so. Maybe a combination of both?

Later today I transfer them into the square 5 gallon pots. Wish me luck.
This was only 5-6 days ago.

For sure LED light give them the light spectrum they were seeking for, @BobWags, they are healthy looking :+1: :ok_hand: :innocent:

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

Transplant is coming soon…

So is this workable? Are there enough holes drilled? I know it’s not pretty but it’s not terrible either :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think it has worked out only because of beginner’s luck. I’ve learned a lot from yours and others thoughts as well as the link you sent for me to check out. Thank you again.

You got it @BobWags last I checked when you consume your medicine you don’t get any style points for “pot holes” wow… Just where is this even going?

They’re fine buddy… get them ladies into their new homes!

Hahahaha!!! That first comment just makes me want to roll up and smoke a joint but I’m going to have to wait a couple of months.

I just finished dinner so I’m waiting for that after dinner burst of energy to get this bit going. You know I will post pictures when done.

1 Like

My wife told me I’m obsessed with mj. Lol I think she’s right. Hahaha

1 Like

It’s okay, Bob. Michael Jackson was a great performer :smile:

1 Like

This is the first plant newly transplanted. Before I do the 2nd plant I just want to get opinions if I did this correctly. Is it filled enough with soil? Should the plant be higher, lower, or just where it is?

3 Likes