1st grow in the caveman’s cave garden

1 Like

I’m a little bit concerned about the younger one. She’s a little droopy. It’s one of the reasons I transplanted. I’m hoping her new soil bed will help her thrive.

1 Like

Well, I came home from work and watered (PH 6.3) the girls well. The younger sister is looking a little rough. Soil shows a PH of 7.0. Top half of pot is FFHF soil with bottom half being FFOF.

1 Like

When is a good time to start doing some low stress training? I’d like to get these girls to have their main stalk grow in a circle around the perimeter of the pot.

Any time past the second set of leaves @Openmind you should be good.

Some of the leaves on the one plant feel dry and are spotted. They’ve been spotted for a couple of weeks now. I’m wondering if I should trim off the unhealthiest leaves so energy isn’t wasted on leaves that won’t fully recover.

What is your ph at?

Soul ph is at 7.0 and water I use is at 6.3. I’ve gotten it to perk up over the last week and it is growing new leaves but the old ones are not very healthy. I’m wondering if the plant growth is being held back by the old unhealthy growth.

I have two questions. 1. Is this bug something to be worried about? It’s the box elder bug.

2. It looks like these are the first signs of the sex of the plant. Am I right?

1 Like

I kill all bugs in the grow room. I can’t recall if those are harmful or not. Lady bugs would be the only critter allowed in. You’ll have to get a shot of canopy, she might be close to revealing. @Openmind

2 Likes

I agree, lady bugs only.

You wont see any signs of sex until the lights are switched to 12/12 @Openmind

You might find it helpful to tag when you post a question so we see it!

1 Like

Thanks guys. @bob31 @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 Here’s how the girls look so far. I’m using zip ties to guide their main stem growth to and around the outside perimeter of the pot. It’s inspired by read about LST and SCROG. I guess I could name circle of green…COG. I’m just trying to keep as much of the plant at the same height as possible.

2 Likes

2 Likes

These are ILGM autoflower Northern Lights by the way.

I like it, you could be onto the next big thing @Openmind

NLA’s are a nice grow. I haven’t but there are many grow journals her on the NLA’s

2 Likes

I’m out of likes again but :+1::+1::+1::heart:

3 Likes

@Openmind great minds think alike. I’m doing this to my white widows to maximize yield. They were on the lower end of things. You have a great head start ahead of me. I plan on tying it until it makes a complete circle, then I’m going let it go! I’ll tag you when I update again.

3 Likes

Sweet! @Covertgrower I look forward to seeing how yours progresses. Have you grown and smoked White Widow before? If so what’s the effect like? (I haven’t toked up in 32 years)

1 Like

@Openmind I have, this is the clone of the first round. As Leafly suggests, it is fairly energetic, and happy, yet still feeling relaxed. Because it’s a hybrid I would say there are sativa effects and indica effects. I harvested 70-90 grams wet per plant. It was my first grow, so I would expect your number to be higher. I only trained one plant the first time. I only did super cropping once and I got an extra 20 grams from it compared to the other WW’s in the same grow. That plant was my highest yield of the WW. I will warn you mine was potent! If I could, I would send a sample for you to try!

2 Likes